Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lguima
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic Sorting Chart Line

I have a scenario where I have a date slicer and a line chart that compares the sales for next 12 months and previous 12 months from the select date in slicer, everything is working fine, as you can see in following example that @AllisonKennedy  kindly helped me at: Date Categorical Slicer 

lguima_0-1629734794406.png

The problem is that I want to change the sorting from x-axis of this line chart to begin from selected date in Date Slicer.

Example: When the user choose 6 november 2019 at slicer, the x-axis should start on november, december, january, february, etc...

Any ideas of how could I do that? If someone needs more information just let me know!

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Can changing the x-axis to the drilling form of month and year meet your needs?

Vlianlmsft_0-1629869302834.pngVlianlmsft_1-1629869322862.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@lguima , if you select 1 date or month and you want more than that. Then you need more than that. You need an independent date table

Need of an Independent Date Table:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44fGGmg9fHI

Hi @amitchandak Thanks for your answer!

I watched your video and I'm not sure if it's related to my problem.

I'm sending a .pibx example, there you can see that I choose a Event on a Slicer, but the initial X-axis at line chart doesn't start from the beggining date of the event.

I customized a small .pbix file with a example, I'm not sure how to attach a file in this forum so I'm sending the URL with the file:

Customized Sorting X-Axis 

Thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.