Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

reh169
Helper IV
Helper IV

Dynamic Slicers and having cards and graphs not adjust when I drill through

So I have 2 issues. I have a dashboard that has 2 tabs. One tab drills through to the next tab. But the second tab can be used by itself. When just using the second tab when I select a line in my matrix none of my slicers adjust to show the selection. Why? How do I change that? Also, when I drill through to my second tab none of my slicers adjust to show the selection and the cards and graphs on the page above the matrix do adjust and I do not want them to. I tried using the edit interactions button but it seems you cannot do that when it is one tabs selections affecting another tab. Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
v-gizhi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

speedramps
Super User
Super User

Hi reh

Please consider this solution and leave kudos

You say "dashboards" but I think you mean report page tabs.

You cant sync slicers on Power BI Services "dashboards", but you can sync slicers on report page tabs.

In Power BI Desktop click on the top menu > View > Sync Slicers  which will display a sync slicer window.

Tick the option to sync the slicers accross the various page tabs.   

@v-gizhi-msft  you are correct, they are report pages, and when I drill from my first page to my second page I am not applying any of my slicers before I do this and the two pages do not have any slicers in common, they have a text filter in common but that is it. Being that I am not setting or changing any slicers before I drill down would the sync drill down function work?

Hi,

I think sync drill down function will work normally.

Best Regards,

Giotto

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.