Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

EshaanG
Helper I
Helper I

Dynamic Slicer based on Selected Measure

Hello, 

I am looking at having a slicer based on selected measures. The data looks something like this :

ID   CreateDate   CloseDate   TrainingDate   Period1   Period2   Period1Delta   Period2Delta

1     1/1/2020      1/10/2020    1/5/2020        Before     After       1 Week            2 Week

2     1/9/2020      1/23/2020    1/7/2020        After        Before    3 Week            1 Week

My measures are based on Period1 & Period2 which I am toggling using a slicer & disconnected table. I was wondering if I can have a dynamic slicer which shows Period1Delta when metrics based on Period1 are selected & so on?

Is it possible?

5 REPLIES 5
EshaanG
Helper I
Helper I

Hello All,

Thanks for your inputs! To make my question clear I am toggling between Period 1 & Period 2 which measures the Count of ID which are before & after. My question is when I select Period 1, can I have a dropdown slicer dynamically update to show the values in Period1Delta (1 Week, 3 Week) & vice versa?

Does this help?

Hi @EshaanG ,

If just use one slicer, it is impossible to update selections dynamically while toggling. I think you could create two slicers and put them with Period together. For example, choose Period1 and then show Period 1 and Slicer 1. The other is the same as it.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @EshaanG ,

Maybe you could reference the blog:Power BI Bookmarks, Selections and Toggles  to have a try. You could replace the visuals which are shown in the video with your slicers. When you select the toggles, the slicers will change as well.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Probably. Most likely through the use of ALL, ALLEXCEPT or REMOVEFILTERS. But, not really enough information. No idea what "delta" you are trying to get. Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.