Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic Row header from slicer selection

Hello all,

Iam Trying to perform Dynamic nature in matrix. Selected columns in slicers will add to matrix. Iam doing this by unpivoting the columns in data. so when i bring the values into matrix rows, row header is value only. i want to change this dynamically based on slicer selection.

Please notice that if i want to bring 4 columns as dynamic to matirx, i will have four slicers as attributes for selection.

So, let me know how can i perform dynamic row header. Placing the card and all doesnt work.

ThankyouScreenshot (103).png.

3 REPLIES 3
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Is this problem solved?

If it is solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If not, please let me know.

Best Regards
Icey

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my research, it is not supported in Power BI now.

There're some similiar ideas which you can vote them up: 

Dynamic Column Names in a table,

Dynamic measure name.

One workaround: you can create a measure and create a card visual like so:

Measure =
IF (
    HASONEVALUE ( 'Table'[Attribute] ),
    VALUES ( 'Table'[Attribute] ),
    "Attribute"
)

value.gif

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi! I hope the creator of the solution above ^^ sees this or, if not, perhaps someone else could help.

How do you now go back and relate that new table to your original table to get the right sales value? It shouldn't be 82,900 every time. I'm trying to do something similar but cannot get that relationship to work. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.