Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rjk252

Dynamic Row Selection Based on Slicer

Hi BI Community!

I have three seperate slicers on a report for three different levels of a hierarchy.

Slicer 1 is for Hierarchy A

Slicer 2 is for Hierarchy B (Subhierarchy of A)

Slicer 3 is for Hierarchy C (Subhierarchy of B)

The entire hierarchy is contained within one table and each hierarchy level is a different column, so values adjust easily for charts and matrix views.

My question revolves around the matrix visualization.  I have the row set to one of the columns that define hierarchies A, B, or C.  So if I'm looking at summary charts at level A, I have set the matrix visualization row to level B (basically a drill down of what makes up level A).  

Is there a dynamic way to change the row?

So if i select a slicer in Hierarchy B, the 'drill down view' in the matrix visualization row will change to level C?

I currently have to setup different tabs to do this, but it's repetitive and would like to minimize unneeded duplication.  Your help / insights is appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @rjkwte,

If you add A, B e C to an hyersrchy (right button) on top of the field you can the add that hirarchy to.you visuals and do a drill down with double click.

Chech this.link https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-drill-down-in-a-visualization/ with the latest version of Power BI desktop drill down is also possible in tables and matrix.

Regards,
MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Maybe it's just my early afternoon fatigue, but could you post some screen shots of what you have and would like to acheive so it is easier to understand?  Also posting some sample data or link to pbix file will help.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.