Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic Ranking within a category

Hi All,
I am trying to build a visual which shows dynamic rank for Patients falling in each category, and that ranking should get updated as per the Date filtered. This is the original rank based on category

CategoryPatientDateRank(based on Date)
aABC1/1/20221
aDEF2/28/20222
bABC1/1/20221
b

EFG

1/15/20222
bDSF2/15/20223

If i exclude 1/1/2022 from date filter, this is how the visual should look like:

CategoryPatientDateRank(based on Date)
aDEF2/28/20221
b

EFG

1/15/20221
bDSF2/15/20222

Thanks in Advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous , if you are creating a column Rank.

Rank = rankx(filter(Table, [Category] = earlier([Category]) , [Date],,asc,dense)

But I think you need a measure

Countx(filter(allselected(Table) , [Category] = Max([Category])  && [Date] <= Max([Date]) ), [Date])

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to Clarify, i need help with creating this Rank measure/ Column. I have either been able to create rank by Category that doesnt update as per date filter OR create dynamic rank that doesn't rank by category.  

PowerUserR
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi,

I think this  thread hold your solution: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Dynamic-ranking-of-data-based-on-filter-selections-with/td-...

I hope that helps 🙂 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Thanks for helping. I tried creating calculated column(similar to Rank by Test Type in mentioned post) but i see only 1 getting populated for each row.

@Anonymous , if you are creating a column Rank.

Rank = rankx(filter(Table, [Category] = earlier([Category]) , [Date],,asc,dense)

But I think you need a measure

Countx(filter(allselected(Table) , [Category] = Max([Category])  && [Date] <= Max([Date]) ), [Date])

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.