Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Fcoatis
Post Patron
Post Patron

Dynamic RankX

Can you help me with the Mesures .T1 and .T2 in the following example?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QpXYl5U9-2K_5Ex5eSyPLkhnjCF6S5Vb

The goal is to Rank the both visuals in page 2

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Fcoatis

I think that, on top of the file, an explanation here on what you are trying to achieve would increase the likelihood of getting your question answered.

Thank you @AlB,

The explanation is below the link. I would like to use RankX in both visuals of page 2. 

Hi @Fcoatis,

I'm a little confused about your scenario. Please describe your requirement in more details.

The explanation is below the link. I would like to use RankX in both visuals of page 2. 

You have three visuals in Page 2. If I understand your scenario correctly that you want to use T2 measure in table visual in Page 2 and rank the measure [.Max Last n Days] dynamically based on the slicer?

If it is convenient, please share your desire output so that we could help furher on it.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Cherry,

The scenario is: Given an interval of dates I can choose a period of days to show the best and worst periods of sales. This is achieved in page 1. I´m trying to use Rankx in both tables of page 2 to show this results:

Fig1.PNGFig2.PNG

Obviously, it must be dynamic, once the tables increase depending on the date interval and period selected.Let me know if you need further details.

Thanks

Hi @Fcoatis,

Sorry for the delay.

By my research of your pbix, I have a little confused about your scenario.

max date.PNG

Based on the image above, I have confused about your measure .Max Last n Days.

From my understand, the measure should return the last n days based on the max date from your date slicer? 

You could see that max date in the date slicer is 2015/5/11 and the sales table has the sales value on 2015/5/11, but your measure return the max date is 2015/4/20.

Could you please check if your measure .Max Last n Days is correct. 

If I misunderstood something, please describe your logic in more details.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

agree with @AlB with that being said, see if this link helps out

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Ranking-Cumulative-Total/m-p/561977#M265148

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.