Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic RLS for individual pages criteria

Hi All,

Need your help to figure this out.

I have a dataset with all regions data. I would like to create seperate pages for each region and a All region page. I have another excel file where i will control which user has access to which region or all region.

So when a person has access to a specific region the other region pages should show blank. Similarly when someone has access to All region page the other region pages must be blank

Is it possible to create this using dynamic row level security.

Thanks in advance for your support

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

RLS is based on the data model, it couldn't be achieved based on page.

and for your requirement, it could be achieved by RLS. you could set different RLS with region filed.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

RLS is based on the data model, it couldn't be achieved based on page.

and for your requirement, it could be achieved by RLS. you could set different RLS with region filed.

Best Regards,

Lin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for your reply @v-lili6-msft 

So even if i set up different RLS for different region i think i will also have to apply the region filter for each page. So then there would be one Page which is All Region without filter. So when a person with a specifc Region access logs in he or she will see data in the specific regional Page and also under All region page.

hi, @Anonymous 

Yes, It will apply the region filter for each page include all region page.

Best Regards,

Lin

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-lili6-msft  you mentioned "filter for each page include all region page." if All region page is showing full data why would we need a filter?

Also lets assume if a person with All Region access logs in they would see all data in All region sheet and also the other region sheets would show the respective region data bcos the RLS will get appled for the dataset. Is there a way i can keep the other region sheets blank?

hi, @Anonymous 

As I mentioned, RLS is based on the data model, you couldn't use it filter data based on page.

For your case: "Is there a way i can keep the other region sheets blank",

I think you could use Visual level filter for other page visual to get your requirement.

For example:

Measure = IF([User name]="Tom",1,2)

Use this measure in visual level filter and set is 2, then when Tom open this page, It will see no data.

Best Regards,

Lin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.