Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alexlibby
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic RLS and Hiding Tabs

Hi all,

I have read a lot of conflicting information about what RLS can and cannot do. Does Power Bi currently have the capability to configure RLS that will hide tabs in a report that a person (defined by a role) does not have security to see? I have successfully configured the RLS which allows them to click to the pages that are "theirs" but they can still see and have access to the other tabs in the report.  Our goal is to have Person A have access to and see tabs 1-3, Person B have access to and see tabs 4-6, etc. Is anyone able to tell me either what step I'm missing or if this is not possible?  At this point, we don't know if we should pivot and just break the "master" report with the 85 tabs into separate reports for each group or if we can configure this one massive report. Your help is greatly appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@alexlibby , The way I tried is that I have hidden all pages and given access to the pages only using the slicer. Not sure that can help in your case 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@alexlibby , Have you already explored RLS with dynamic page navigation? Seems like atleast part of it.

If not see this example

https://youtu.be/FrEDZZXiit8

Yes, I have. the issue is not setting it up so they can navigate to their pages. My issue is hiding report tabs they shouldn't have access to. Even if I set it so they can navigate to certain pages they can still see and open other tabs.

@alexlibby , The way I tried is that I have hidden all pages and given access to the pages only using the slicer. Not sure that can help in your case 

Hi- that might actually work. So, when your user opens the report they only see a page with the slicers and they jump to the one they want to see? If so- that may work.  How does one hide all the pages? Assuming you set up a home page that had the slicers and people could then navigate to specific pages. That could be a work around. Can you send a link to a guide or video? Thank you so much. I've been working on this for a bit now and need a little guidance. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.