Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic PBI Filter & RLS - SharePoint Online

Good Morning!

I am not sure if this question has been asked before - I think this has turned into a multi-level question....

I have a SharePoint online site that hosts several list items each with a unique ID. I have a manual JavaScript view to dive into each of these items individually. I plan to embed a PBI dashboard as a tab or button on this list item view. I want this dashboard to automatically filter to only look at the contents of specific ID currently being viewed. Is there a  way to set up the filter to automatically based on the ID in the url or via clicking on the button/tab?

Alternatively, is there a way to have a dynamic click through link that automatically filters the PBI file on the online dashboard view? (i.e. the user views item 123, clicks on the link to reach the Dashboard and Dashboard displays the view for item 123.) Could the RLS be dynamic based on the view permission level associated to the ID setup in SharePoint Online?

Let me know if you need any clarification on this - appreciate you all!

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You should be able to do this via report URL filters.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-url-filters

Be aware that this is just a preset, it will not prevent the user from changing the filters.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.