Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic Month Based Calculated Column for Customer Classification

Hello all,

I have stuck at some Customer needs. My app needs to find the Customer type based on date.

I have a little table that shows the Customer's need.

AliCemO_0-1632852668994.png

For example,  we have 3 types of Customer . Lost Customer , Existing Customer and New Customer.

The Need is that App Dynamically Configures the types.

We have Conditions for that types but I couldnt get it worked. Here are the conditions.

New Customer :  Looking at the month you are in, if there is only the last month of sales in the last 3 months, this is a new customer.

Lost Customer :   Looking at the month you are in, if there is no sales in the last month , this is a Lost Customer

Existing Customer : if the type is not New or Lost Customer , System need to flag it with the type "Existing Customer"

I tried to explain it with simple table. I hope we can find a solution. I am always open for ideas.

Thanks for your time.

2 REPLIES 2
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,  @Anonymous 

The screenshot you provided has confused me even more. Can you explain this in more detail?
Why is the record (a 1.05.2021 100) classified as  new customer rather than  existing  customer?

Why is the record (b 1.04.2021 10) classified as  existing  customer rather than  new  customer?

48.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi , 

we have customer field at Fact Table. So we need to identify the customer types.

The record (a 1.05.2021 100)  is classified as a new customer beacuse when we look at last 3 months the customer sold items at latest month.

The record (b 1.04.2021 10)  is not classified as a new customer because in 3 months customer sold items at for 3 months.

Table is a bit confusing sorry. If you want we can discuss with screensharing. This problem is very urgent upgrade for customer to patch.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.