cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abarreira
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic Median of several measures

Hello all,

I'm having trouble making the following logic work using DAX.

I have several DAX measures that rank products from greater to lower based on sales, quantity and other variables. So for example, I have product A that ranks as number 1 in sales, as number 3 in quantity and 5 in other variable.

What I need is to calculate the median of all these measures so that I can get the "final rank". So continuing the above example, the median of product A should be 3.

I'm trying to create a measure that creates a table, then adds the measures as columns and then unpivot this calculated table so I can use the Median function. Making this is far more advanced from my DAX knowledge, so I haven't been able to create a solid draft of this code... Any suggesting?

Thanks in advanced,

André

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Dynamic Median of several measures

@abarreira 

You may try the measure below.

Measure 4 =
MEDIANX ( { [Measure], [Measure 2], [Measure 3] }, [Value] )
Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
abarreira
Frequent Visitor

Re: Dynamic Median of several measures

Hi @v-chuncz-msft ,

This won't work because it only takes into consideration one value (the second argument of the fuction). What I need is a measure that calculates, for each product at a time, the median of several measures. So if product A rank in sales is 4 and ranks 6 in quantity, the median of product A will be 5.

This is why I thought that createing a table and then unpivot it may be a solution but I don't have the skills to perform this yet.

Thanks in advance,

André

Helpful resources

Announcements
‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

April 2020 Community Highlights

April 2020 Community Highlights

Info on our Super Users, MBAS content and badges, and updates to our support articles. - Read the full Community Highlights.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors