Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

theandrewswan
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic Measure based on location

Hi all - I have the following columns in my table:

[Project_ID]

[Open_Location]

[Close_Location]

[Sales_Amount]

The possible values for [Open_Location] and [Close_Location] are the same, call them Location 1, Location 2, Location 3

For any given [Project ID], there can be any combination of [Open_Location] and [Close_Location] values. For example:

Project ID = 1X46

Open_Location = Location 1

Close_Location = Location 3

Sales_Amount = 5000

or

Project ID = 3B22

Open_Location = Location 1

Close_Location = Location 1

Sales_Amount = 1000

I would like to have a slicer showing Location 1, Location 2 and Location 3. Based on the selection, I would like a [Total Location Sales Amount] measure that sums Sales_Amount where EITHER [Open_Location] OR [Close_Location] equals the value I've chosen in my slicer.

With the two examples above, if I selected "Location 1" in my slicer, [Total Location Sales Amount] would equal 1000+5000=6000 (there should be no double-counting). If I selected "Location 3" in my slicer, [Total Location Sales Amount] would equal 5000

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @theandrewswan 

You can create new calculate table SlicerTable to get the slicer selections, and then create measure Total Location Sales Amount to meet your demand.

SlicerTable = DISTINCT(UNION(SELECTCOLUMNS(Table1,"Location",[Open_Location]),SELECTCOLUMNS(Table1,"Location",[Close_Location])))

Total Location Sales Amount = IF(MIN(Table1[Open_Location])IN VALUES(SlicerTable[Location]) || MIN(Table1[Close_Location]) IN VALUES(SlicerTable[Location]),SUM(Table1[Sales_Amount]),BLANK())

When make some selections in slicer, return the result showing picture below.

11.png12.png

Here is my test pbix: https://qiuyunus-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/pbipro_qiuyunus_onmicrosoft_com/EVBhfsc2lJNLr-1_-4...

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @theandrewswan 

You can create new calculate table SlicerTable to get the slicer selections, and then create measure Total Location Sales Amount to meet your demand.

SlicerTable = DISTINCT(UNION(SELECTCOLUMNS(Table1,"Location",[Open_Location]),SELECTCOLUMNS(Table1,"Location",[Close_Location])))

Total Location Sales Amount = IF(MIN(Table1[Open_Location])IN VALUES(SlicerTable[Location]) || MIN(Table1[Close_Location]) IN VALUES(SlicerTable[Location]),SUM(Table1[Sales_Amount]),BLANK())

When make some selections in slicer, return the result showing picture below.

11.png12.png

Here is my test pbix: https://qiuyunus-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/pbipro_qiuyunus_onmicrosoft_com/EVBhfsc2lJNLr-1_-4...

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.