Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
nicktayl Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Dynamic Map Color Saturation Based on Toggle

Hi,

I have a map with which I've plotted home addresses. I for color saturation, the column I am using is "% Construction Complete". For homes that are closer to completion, the color is green, and for homes that are farther from completion the color is red. I would now like to add additional functionality so that the user can toggle the column that the color is based on between "% Construction Complete" and "> 90 Days Since Last Inspection Date". The new column is a TRUE/FALSE flag and I want the plotted addresses to show as red if the last inspection for that property is greater than 90 days ago. 

I've tried to create a standalone table for the toggle items: "Days Since Last Inspection" and "Percent Complete", and next, both a column and a measure (separately) which try to return the % complete if the filter is "Percent Complete" and 1 or 0 if the "Days Since Last Inspection" flag is TRUE/FALSE. I get aggregation errors. I'm not sure what to try next.

Thank you,
Nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Dynamic Map Color Saturation Based on Toggle

@nicktayl,

You may refer to the following DAX that adds a measure.

Color Saturation =
VAR itemValue =
    IF ( HASONEVALUE ( Table2[item] ), VALUES ( Table2[item] ) )
RETURN
    SWITCH (
        itemValue,
        "Days Since Last Inspection", MAX ( Table1[> 90 Days Since Last Inspection Date] ),
        "Percent Complete", MAX ( Table1[% Construction Complete] )
    )

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Dynamic Map Color Saturation Based on Toggle

@nicktayl,

You may refer to the following DAX that adds a measure.

Color Saturation =
VAR itemValue =
    IF ( HASONEVALUE ( Table2[item] ), VALUES ( Table2[item] ) )
RETURN
    SWITCH (
        itemValue,
        "Days Since Last Inspection", MAX ( Table1[> 90 Days Since Last Inspection Date] ),
        "Percent Complete", MAX ( Table1[% Construction Complete] )
    )

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.