cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rachlynch Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic Line and Scatter Continuous axis

I am trying to create a dynamic visual which is comparised of a series of discrete data points and also line data (which i have currently entered as a series of values too). I have used the Line chart visual to be able to do this. However I must have the axis set to "Discrete". This is causing a problem with the display of the values as each column width is set and does not sow the data distribution over time. 

A way to get round this is to set each data point on the line as a different day - showing all my other data well over time. However due to the number of data points this only allows me to see a very small portion of my data at once.

Any comments/advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Dynamic Line and Scatter Continuous axis

Hi @rachlynch 

Could you share some screenshots to explain more about your expected output?Here is the blog about line chart and some tips about x-axis for your reference.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
rachlynch Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi there,

Output something like this. Where the horizontal line is a separate series of data and is not related to the scatter data. Both need to be dynamic and change with a selection of data (cannot just add a permanent horizontal line)

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @rachlynch 

It seems you may try to create two charts.Then overlap the line chart and the scatter chart.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.