Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

anandraman
Helper I
Helper I

Dynamic Level Selection in Hierarchy (Matrix view)

Hi,

I have a requirement to select the level in hierarchy in Matric view Dynamically based on user selection. here is detail about my requirement:

Capture.JPG

I have 2 tables. 1 Hierarchy Table which has 3 levels and one Leaf Node(ID). Other is Fact table which has sales data at Leaf Level i.e. ID level.

My requirement is to show all the distinct values of all the levels in one single slicer. that means my slicer will have A1,B1,A11,B11,A21,B21......1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8. in dropdown list.

So when we select any value in the slicer my Matrix view hierarchy should start from that selected value.

For Example If i have selected B21  in slicer then my report should look like below:

Capture2.JPG
If i have selected A34 in slicer then my report should look like below:

Capture3.JPG

Any suggestion?  

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@anandraman

To achieve your requirement, first we should create a hierarchy for your hierarchy table.

1.PNG

Then you should know that the built-in slicer visual cannot be used to put hierarchy fields. We need to import a custom visual called HierarchySlicer. You can get it from choosing import a custom visual at Visualizations pane and Import from store.

After importing the HierarchySlicer, put the hierarchy field in Fields, and it should be like this when choosing expand all:

2.PNG

Then you can use it to filter your matrix.

3.PNG4.PNG

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@anandraman

To achieve your requirement, first we should create a hierarchy for your hierarchy table.

1.PNG

Then you should know that the built-in slicer visual cannot be used to put hierarchy fields. We need to import a custom visual called HierarchySlicer. You can get it from choosing import a custom visual at Visualizations pane and Import from store.

After importing the HierarchySlicer, put the hierarchy field in Fields, and it should be like this when choosing expand all:

2.PNG

Then you can use it to filter your matrix.

3.PNG4.PNG

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

anandraman
Helper I
Helper I

Any suggestion guys?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.