Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ovetteabejuela
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Dynamic Legends via Slicer (2017)

This was asked more than a year ago by  @tjd and I wanted to ask again.

Is it possible to do a dynamic Legen alongside Dynamically change the information within a visual via a slicer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ovetteabejuela,

I'm afraid it's not able to use slicer to change legend dynamically based on checked column names from the slicer visual currently. The workaround is to create drill down report.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ovetteabejuela,

I'm afraid it's not able to use slicer to change legend dynamically based on checked column names from the slicer visual currently. The workaround is to create drill down report.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

I'm going to close this out, just by the fact that you confirm there is no way at the moment to use a dynamic legend in the method I have shared.

So I will be one of those waiting for this feature to come out one day.

Thanks for confirming.

I know this thread is old... but just incase there are others like me that were searching for a solution and found this first, I thought I'd share how to get around this.

It involves making a new table with a CROSSJOIN... I've made a video showing how to do it here:

https://youtu.be/vTr37C4FU0I

And here is a dashboard showing it working:

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiMjgzY2JhMWItNzIyMS00Mjg2LTljOGQtYzQyNDhlNDNiZTI4IiwidCI6IjU5M...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.