Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dia612
Helper IV
Helper IV

Dynamic Lang Translation

Hello,

We have a requirement to translate report to multiple languages dynamically including all titles, tooltips, column headers etc

we have tried one solution using Tabular editor

https://thebipower.fr/index.php/2020/04/12/automatic-translation-of-tabular-model/

But we are unable to translate the column headers of table visual which is major requirement .

Is there any other sol for getting column headers also translated dynamically?

We are waiting for an update for Dynamic Lang translation from Microsoft..Is this feature available any time soon??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @dia612 ,

sure, you can translate the whole report with Tabular Editor.

Check the following article on how to do that:

Multilingual reports in Power BI - What the fact.bi

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DidierTerrien
Advocate II
Advocate II

Automatic translations work using this technique :

https://thebipower.fr/index.php/2020/04/12/automatic-translation-of-tabular-model/ 

Since March 2021, Power BI desktop doesn't display translations but it works in the service once it's published. You can revert to Feb 2021 to make it work again.

As far as I know, the technique used in the blog post is the only one which provides automatic translations without registering in any translation website or paying for a translation service. Translations maintenance and validation are  easy. The new Excel plugin version from July 2021 makes it much faster than before.

selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @dia612 ,

sure, you can translate the whole report with Tabular Editor.

Check the following article on how to do that:

Multilingual reports in Power BI - What the fact.bi

If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Hey @dia612 ,

did it work with the translations in Tabular Editor?

I'm curious if you could solve this issue 🙂

If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️

Best regards
Denis

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.