Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

EZgrafton
Advocate II
Advocate II

Dynamic Increase

Hello,

I am trying to create a model where users (executive team) can visualise the effect of a targeted salary increase for which they (users) can modify the %. In essence, the Power BI end user (the management team) can select a random value for the salary increase and the Power BI model will show the appropriate results (additional cost, employees affected, etc.) without going behind the scene. The salary increase could be any randon number between zero and 10%. I hope my question makes sense. Woman Frustrated

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@EZgrafton Have you considered parameter tables? You will have to use pre-set numbers (in your case between 0% and 10%)

Here's what the basic Measure would look like for each slicer...

Option 1? =
IF (
    HASONEVALUE ( Recommend1[Option 1] ),
    ( [Measure] * VALUES ( Recommend1[Multiply By1] ) ),
    [Measure]
)

And here's the result with 3 slicers and 3 such measures...

Disconnected Slicers.png

Read more about how to create here...

http://www.daxpatterns.com/parameter-table/

Thank you for your suggestion, Sean.

I will try to replicate it. However, I was thinking of something more flexible like any value from 0 to 10, so for example 3.77%, Using your idea, I will have to develop a table that contains all possible values between 0 and 10 and on the slicer they would not look visually appealing. Would it be possible to have a sliding slicer? I think I've seen the concept of sliding data on a time table type of visual. Does anybody know how to make it happen?

Any creative idea is welcomed! 🙂

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Unfortunately, I don't believe that there are any options that you are going to like. Parameters are now supported in queries, so that might be one route, but you probably do not want your users having to run the query and enter the % increase just to get the answer. If I understand your question correctly, you would like the user from the dashboard or report level to be able to enter a number and have the visuals reflect that. There is no "user input" at the report/dashboard level of which I am aware. Would make a nice "Idea" if it does not already exist.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors