Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic Grouping for Tree Map

Hello,

I am trying to create a tree map that has dynamic grouping. The measurement is sum of total hours spent on certain categorys. Some categorys would be customer service, auditing, etc. The top 90% of total hours spent will all be default colors set by microsoft. But I would like to block the bottom 10% into a gray color. The issue is when I filter on one of the employees the conditoinal formatting doesn't change color based on the employee I filter on. It doesn't adjust the conditional formatting to the employee I select. 

Here is how the map is unfiltered. Which is what I want. 

Tree Map Example 1.PNG

This is what happens when the dashboard is filtered by employee. You can see those original grey boxes are still grey. I want the conditional formating (lower 10% grey color) to adjust when the table is filtered. 

Tree Map Example 2.PNG

Want it to look like this when filtered by employee. 

Tree Map Example 3.PNG

I'm not sure if this is possible or not. Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous - it appears that the calculation on which the conditional formatting is based could be tweaked to provide the correct results - could you provide that information, or even better a sample pbix?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course, here is the calculation I am using is 

% hours worked = DIVIDE( [Hours Worked], CALCULATE( [Hours Worked], ALLSELECTED()),0)

Here is the condiontal formatting.

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  -

You actually don't need to use a measure for this - the TreeMap % will do the calculation for you on the straight Hours Worked. 

However, as you said, the Treemap locks in the colors and does not update dynamically.

A Hack Work-Around: You can switch a Column Chart, apply your rules and then switch back to a TreeMap. 

Please let us know whether that works.

I hope this helps. If it does, please Mark as a solution.
I also appreciate Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.