Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Richard_Halsall
Helper III
Helper III

Dynamic Grouping based on Sum of Value

Hi

I have viewed many posts but am struggling with a simple grouping function.

In this sample data I have 4 tables, DimClient, DimCountry, FactTurbine and a disconnected banding table

FactTurbine is linked to DimCustomer on ClientID and DimCountry on CountryID

I have created a simple measure which sums total turbines from the FactTurbine table  and using a country slicer can create the dynamic visualisation below:

Richard_Halsall_0-1628610511080.png

I now need to create a piechart visualisation that sums the number of clients based on the total turbines measure based on a max and min value in the disconnected banded table.

So if the bands in the disconnected banded table were

201-500

101-200

1-100

Based on the above visual of 15 clients, the calculated count of clients would be:

201-500 = 5

101-200 = 9

1-100 = 1

Any help would be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Richard_Halsall ,

Based on the disconnected table you created, create a measure to dynamically distinguish whether the sum of the current client is in this range, and count the clients.

Vlianlmsft_0-1628748882926.pngVlianlmsft_1-1628748898373.png

I created a sample pbix for your reference:

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JasonShanks
Frequent Visitor

Hi Liang,

I've been struggling with a measure like this for hours and your post solved my problem.

Thank you very much!

Jason

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Richard_Halsall ,

Based on the disconnected table you created, create a measure to dynamically distinguish whether the sum of the current client is in this range, and count the clients.

Vlianlmsft_0-1628748882926.pngVlianlmsft_1-1628748898373.png

I created a sample pbix for your reference:

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.