Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic Graphs Adjust For Slicer

Screenshot (99).pngScreenshot (100).pngScreenshot (101).png

I have a series of match data in this report, and I'm looking for help on two things.

1. When I select a play from the list on the left, I want the results in the graph/cards to reflect the data from every match that player has played in which it currently doesn't (pic 2). It shows the correct data when I select an individual match (pic 3) but I'd like to also be able to see a wider summary of all their matches if possible. 
2. When the graphs do change to reflect the different player's data, can the graphs dynamically change their values/axis so the whole graph is just showing each player's data, not just their's as a small proportion of the whole dataset (pic 3)? 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

For your question one, there may be no linked connection between the slicer column and the [Player A] and [Player B]. Or the DAX formula above fails to take effect.

As workaround, you may enter into Query Editor, select on the column  [Player A] and [Player B] at the same time, right click to choose option "Unpivot columns", then you can rename the result columns [Attribute] with "Player type" and [Value] with "Player". Don't forget to click button " Close & Apply" .  Then you may put [Player] into slicer visual to filter player.

For your question two, you can implement your demand using Edit interactions feature, select the slicer visual first, go to Format-> Edit interactions, select the no impact icon of Gauge visual.

edit interactions.png

You can learn more: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-reports-visual-interactions

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

For your question one, there may be no linked connection between the slicer column and the [Player A] and [Player B]. Or the DAX formula above fails to take effect.

As workaround, you may enter into Query Editor, select on the column  [Player A] and [Player B] at the same time, right click to choose option "Unpivot columns", then you can rename the result columns [Attribute] with "Player type" and [Value] with "Player". Don't forget to click button " Close & Apply" .  Then you may put [Player] into slicer visual to filter player.

For your question two, you can implement your demand using Edit interactions feature, select the slicer visual first, go to Format-> Edit interactions, select the no impact icon of Gauge visual.

edit interactions.png

You can learn more: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-reports-visual-interactions

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Not sure I got it. But Slicer is filtered. But visual drill can filter or fill on other visuals. You can change it to filter from edit interactions.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-reports-visual-interactions

Interactions.png

@amitchandak for #2, you need to change the interaction to cross filter from cross highlight, read this.

for #1, you need to provide more details, is the column in slicer linked to the table used in the visual? Share how your data table are linked and also which columns are used for slicers and in the visuals.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The slicer is linked to the table to show each player's matches whether they are in the column player a or b from the orginal dataset (below)

FindPlayer =
VAR players = SELECTEDVALUE(Player_Name[Player])
VAR playerfinder = CALCULATETABLE(F_S_DATA,FILTER(F_S_DATA,F_S_DATA[Player A Name] = players || F_S_DATA[Player B Name] = players))
RETURN IF(ISFILTERED(Player_Name[Player]),IF(COUNTROWS(playerfinder) > 0, 1, 0), 1)

@Anonymous not at all clear. Read this post to get your answer quickly.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.