Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ved_007
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic Filters are not working when created as new column using "Add as a New Query".

Hi Team,

I have two tables and I was not able to join both tables because both tables doesn't have unique values. So as a workaround I have created a new column using 'edit queries'-> selected the joinable col' -> 'Add as New Query' -> 'To Table' -> 'OK' -> 'Remove Duplicates' -> 'Remove Nulls'. New column "site_name_latest" which I later on used as a join key to join with both tables using manage relationship.
Similarly I have created another col as "team_name". Now when i am using these two cols as filters and when I am selecting one site it is not reflecting in the team filter, but all values in team. It is not acting as a dynamic filter.
Please help as its urgent requirement.

4 REPLIES 4
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @ved_007

Do you have some sample data?

It would possibly appear that their the relationship is not in the right direction, or possibly there is something missing with the data?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ

I have attached only the screenshot of the data as it is production data.
Site and Team names were added using Add as a New Query. But when these used as slicers, site is not showing the relevant team in it.
Thanks

manage-relationships.PNGsample.PNG

Hi @ved_007

It would appear that in your table shown there are duplicates because you have got a date column in there also.

Would it be possible to only have the team names and the site name?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thanks @GilbertQ for quick response.

PFA screens for your consideration.

I have created date as "Add as a new query" column also and using it as slicer in report. So when I use site,team in my original table and using them in report it shows teams for a site but not when it is created as new cols and even though I have done remove duplicates for each newly created cols as a step. I think it should come from single table which can't be possible for my case as these cols are used as a a join key to join two tables.

After doing above steps site, team are coming from different tables so the dynamic filters are not working anymore.
If you can share a working report(some sample) using my scenario It would be good. Report should come from my side for your debugging, but I am sorry it was made using prod. data. 

New date using calendar_date.PNGteam.PNGSite.PNG

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.