Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RebeccaWilson
Regular Visitor

Dynamic Filtering Table

Hello, 

I am trying to get some dynamic filtering going on a Power Bi model im working on. I have a list of contracts and their start and end dates. I want the user to be able to pick a month (on the dashboard) and it will show them on the dashboard the contracts that are live on these dates. 

I did manage to get it working for if the contract start date is the same as said month but im having trouble with the measure formula to include contracts that are live. 

To sepcify i need the contracts to show where StartDate<SaidMonth and EndDate> Said month.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thansk for the help guys, My collegue managed to find a solution here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Filtering-within-a-date-range/td-p/227767

I will try and test your solutions out when i get chance. Always good to know multiple ways to do things. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RebeccaWilson

In Home->Enter Date, enter month value from 1 to 12, then in this table, create a measure

selectmonth = SELECTEDVALUE(Table1[month])

Then In the orginal table,create calculated columns

startmonth = MONTH([start date])

endmonth = MONTH([end date])

Next create a measure

Measure = IF([selectmonth]<=MAX([endmonth])&&[selectmonth]>=MAX([startmonth]),1,0)

Finally, add this measure to the Visual level Filter

2.png

Best Regards

Maggie

Thansk for the help guys, My collegue managed to find a solution here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Filtering-within-a-date-range/td-p/227767

I will try and test your solutions out when i get chance. Always good to know multiple ways to do things. 

SivaMani
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@RebeccaWilson,

Try the below logic,

Num of Contracts = CALCULATE(COUNT([Contracts  ID]),FILTER(TableName,StartDate<SaidMonth && EndDate> Said month))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.