Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic Dimension in bar chart or table

Attached my sample Powerbi and Excel file here 

How we can create dynamic dimesion that change dimension based on slicer selection and change values of dimension as well as fact s from fact table.

In my case I have Dimenstion table that contains ID(unique values), Name, Country, Jobtitle

Fact table that contains ID(unique values), fact column.

I need slicer that show as | Country | Job Title | and when i select Country, the chart will show 

• Country and Facts,

but if i switch to Job title in slicer, the chart will show

• Job title and facts

Note: 

1. I am already using Bookmark solution but it takes lots of time to create new bookmark if requirment is changed during run time. I m looking for automated solution so i don't need to worry if dynamic dimestion (column) increased or decreased.
  2. I have alreay tried (unpivot method), it is not efficent since i have more columns in my dimenstion table then i have mentioned here in example, Unpivot method will increase my table size and also reduce the performace.
  3. I am using direct query. If any extra tables need to be created i can get it done in direct query (but not unpivot method)
  4. I tried this ref but could not replicate into my example. please see this link

Thanks, in advance

Kulchandra

3 REPLIES 3
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Did you try the bookmark with selection pane?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-bookmarks

Posts for your reference:

http://www.victorrocca.com/using-bookmarks-to-show-hide-information-in-your-power-bi-report/

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-diye-msft I forgot to mention. I am already using bookmark solution. This is tedious when changes come run time. If i need to increase Bookmark views then it takes more time to hide unhide elements and create new bookmarks in short time. I am looking for dynamic solution so I don't need to worry if dynamic Dimension column inceases.

Thanks for your reply.

Kul

Hi @Anonymous 

Based on my research, there are no other suggestions on this issue. You can probably raise it to the support team for better advice: 

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Support Ticket.gif

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.