Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

akj2784
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Dynamic Detail Report for Waterfall chart

Hi All,

I have a requirement to create detail report for all the categories in the waterfall chart.

And each detail reports will have different fields.

Is that feasible in Power BI ?

E.g 

Category  Headcount

A                 10

B                  2

C                 -3

Total            9

So when someone clicks on A, it should display detail report corresponding to category A,

And when clicked on B, it should display detail report for B which may have different set of atributes.

Regards,

Akash

7 REPLIES 7
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@akj2784

you will probalby need some kind of dynamic filtering,

this is quite a good video that explains how to do it form the point that i have listed here

https://youtu.be/Mpk9Js5jUeg?t=11m58s

to help you understand on how to switch between your requirements.  not sure if it will solve it completely

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

This is kind of different thing. On the waterfall chart I don't see the option to set specific detail report. 

@akj2784 i am finding it hard to visualise what you saying, what details, can you provide an example of what you expecting, what details and where?  are you wanting to drill down into information?  if so what information, how will it look, where will it be?  do you understand the waterfall chart shows increases and decreases, what you need to do is place another visual with it on the detail

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Assume I have the following data.

Category                         Headcount

Current Headcount         10

Attrition                           -2

Projected Hire                  3

Total                                11

This data is used to plot Waterfall chart.

Now the detail reports are as follows. 

Attrition Detail Report:

Employee Name:

Termination Date:

Tenure at Company:

Projected Hire Detail Report

Business Unit:

Hire Date:

Division:

Hi @akj2784,

Are you talking about Drill Through report?

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Drill through report does not pass the Slicer value I select in the Summary Page. And I think that is not feasible currently.

So looking for  a workaround.

Hi @akj2784,

Yes, slicer selection cannot be passed across report pages.

Here are two workarounds, but might not meet your requirement exactly:

1. Consider Bookmark links for shapes and images
  2. Rather than selecting an item in slicer, directly click the bar on chart to drill through to relative detaied page.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.