I'm trying to shape the data and arrive at the DAX to calculate the Variance column.
1. Budget is the base column
2. Based on the filter selection Submission Month, I should show sum(Volume)
3. All the category of Submssion months and the Volume will be in same column
4. If I select Mar from the slicer Submission month, then Budget (Volume) - Mar(Volume)
5. If I select Jan from the slicer Submission month, then Budget(Volume) - Jan(Voume)
6. It should be dynamic
7. Every month the monthly dataset will be appended
Create a measure using dax as below:
Result = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Volme]), FILTER(ALL('Table'), 'Table'[Submission Month] = "Budget")) - CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Volme]), ALLSELECTED('Table'))
Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Thank you for sharing me the DAX. This works 50%, because whenever I select the Month from the filter the Budget value is also getting changed along with the Month selection value. But the Budget value should remain as 1000 and only the month value should change in the table.
Thank you for yor reponse. But one question, in the DAX, you are summing up all the volume in the Month right?
But, the sum(Volume) should depend on the filter selection. Ex., if I select Jan from filter then Budget(volume)-Jan(volume), if I select Feb from the filter then Bedget(Volume)-Feb(Volume).
Please help me to understand this.
Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!
Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.
Click here to read more about the July 2021 Updates