Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

2Late

Dynamic Column Name (measure name)

Hi,

I have data as in screen.

2Late_0-1633609570041.png

My case was to allow users to select what they wish to compare (eg Now to Budgert 1 or Budget 1 to Budget 2). I did it this way - i have create measure

Source1 = SELECTEDVALUE(SelectSource_1[Source])
and second that is related
Value_S1 = CALCULATE([Value], FILTER(dicSource, dicSource[Source]=[Source1]))

Exactly same for Source2. Table work fine, no issue with data.

But users ask my to change column name as they are "Value_S1" and "Value_S2" (becouse that is measure name).
They wish to see "NOW", or "Budget_1" - base on selected in Source1 and Source2 value.

How to do that ?
4 REPLIES 4
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @2Late 

Can we close this thread now if there is no other question? It would be nice if you can accpet answer helpful as the solution. Thanks 🙂

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @2Late 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Actually, it's not supported to rename your measure dynamically according to another value you selected.

My suggestion is to add a prompt card next to it, showing what the user currently selects, you can use selectedvalue() in card visual.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@2Late , Based on what I got, You created a measure slicer. In that case, you can not change the measure name based on the value selected. You ca show that on title of visual

refer if needed

https://radacad.com/change-the-column-or-measure-value-in-a-power-bi-visual-by-selection-of-the-slic...

@amitchandakThaks for aswer, i afrait that its not possible. I was trying to hide Measure Name below Label (where i can get correct name). But users loose posibility to sort column by clicking in them. No clue how to give them correct names 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.