Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

salmanmohammad
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic Chart Titles in Direct Query Mode

Hello all,

I am creating a dashboard using an SQL server in the Direct Query mode. I would like to achieve the following based on slicer/filter selections:

1. Dynamic Chart Titles

2. Dynamic Axis Titles

What I mean is that whenever I select different parameters from the filters, the chart titles/axis titles should update accordingly. This can be based on a Concatenate function. Do we have something similar as Tableau here where I can simply concatenate a few static words with dynamic words from the filter? I have looked at a few solutions which suggest using ConcatenateX but that does not work with the Direct Query mode. Please help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi salmanmohammad,

Yes, concatenatex() is not supported in direct query mode. You can simply use & operator to concatenate the exist column and the result of selectedvalue().

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi salmanmohammad,

Yes, concatenatex() is not supported in direct query mode. You can simply use & operator to concatenate the exist column and the result of selectedvalue().

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Thank you Jimmy this works!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.