Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

powerbiwork
Helper I
Helper I

Dynamic Calculated Measure

Hi, 

I have two tables below one from salesforce - opportunity and one from excel 

powerbiwork_1-1614790162923.png

powerbiwork_0-1614790103289.png

I wanted to create a dynamic measure base on a slicer which will be from the excel table and multiply the value to the opportunity table 

powerbiwork_2-1614790254550.png

so for example, if the slicer is set to commodities at 2/5/2021 then I want the equation for 2021 assumption to multiply the filtered values :

if ('Opportunity'[Commit_Upside__c] = "Booked", 'Opportunity'[ToUSD-Positive-License_Cost__C] * sum('2021-Assumptions'[Booked%]),
if ('Opportunity'[Commit_Upside__c] = "Commit", 'Opportunity'[ToUSD-Positive-License_Cost__C] * sum('2021-Assumptions'[Commit%]),
if ('Opportunity'[Commit_Upside__c] = "Upside", 'Opportunity'[ToUSD-Positive-License_Cost__C] * sum('2021-Assumptions'[Upside%]),
if ('Opportunity'[Commit_Upside__c] = "Potential", 'Opportunity'[ToUSD-Positive-License_Cost__C] * sum('2021-Assumptions'[Potential%]),
if ('Opportunity'[Commit_Upside__c] = "Pipeline", 'Opportunity'[ToUSD-Positive-License_Cost__C] * sum('2021-Assumptions'[Pipeline%]), 0)
))))

Is it possible?

So far Ive gotten to

Division Factor =
VAR SelectedDivision = SELECTEDVALUE( '2021 Assumptions'[Division] )
VAR SelectedDate = SELECTEDVALUE( '2021 Assumptions'[Date] )
VAR myFilteredTable =
CALCULATETABLE(
'2021 Assumptions',
'2021 Assumptions'[Date] = SelectedDate,
'2021 Assumptions'[Division] = SelectedDivision
)
RETURN
SUMX( myFilteredTable, if (CALCULATETABLE(Opportunity,Opportunity[Commit_Upside__c]) = "Booked"), SUM('Opportunity'[Positive_Services_Amount__c USD]) * sum('2021 Assumptions'[Booked%]),
if (CALCULATETABLE(Opportunity,Opportunity[Commit_Upside__c] = "Commit"), SUM('Opportunity'[Positive_Services_Amount__c USD]) * sum('2021 Assumptions'[Commit%]),
if (CALCULATETABLE(Opportunity,Opportunity[Commit_Upside__c] = "Upside"), SUM('Opportunity'[Positive_Services_Amount__c USD]) * sum('2021 Assumptions'[Upside%]),
if (CALCULATETABLE(Opportunity,Opportunity[Commit_Upside__c] = "Potential"), SUM('Opportunity'[Positive_Services_Amount__c USD]) * sum('2021 Assumptions'[Potential%]),
if (CALCULATETABLE(Opportunity,Opportunity[Commit_Upside__c] = "Pipeline"), SUM('Opportunity'[Positive_Services_Amount__c USD]) * sum('2021 Assumptions'[Pipeline%]), 0)
))))

But this doesn't seem to work.

Thanks so much in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@powerbiwork First, use a SWITCH or SWITCH(TRUE()...) statement instead of IF statements. Second, seems like you would want to base that SWITCH statement on the value in your slicer, SelectedDivision 

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

@Greg_Deckler  thank you I will give that a try.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.