Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

slalithprasad
Helper II
Helper II

Dynamic Bookmarks

hey guys, I am trying to see reports from many pages in a single page and I am using bookmarks for that. 

Page Navigation Expanded.png

This is my page navigation expanded bookmark where I have buttons to  around different pages.. 

Now, If I select page 2 on the page navigation menu -

Page Navigation page 2 Selected.png

I get my report on Page2 where I have tables and all. 

But now when I click on my Collapse button (which should collapse the expanded page navigation menu and also have the selected page) 

Collapse Pagination .png

I am able to hide the Page Navigation menu but I am not able to retain the selected page which is page 2 and not page 1. so, how should I add the selected page dynamically to my bookmark? please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi @slalithprasad 

You'd better keep all the visual in one page to get it.

see more details as below:

https://radacad.com/bookmarks-and-buttons-making-power-bi-charts-even-more-interactive

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @slalithprasad ,

This is related with the expand/colapse bookmark. Bookmark are made looking at a single report page so in this case when you go to the second page you need to add a new bookmark that hide the panel, since you only have one colapse bookmark related to first page you always return to the first page.

This type of setup need to have a copy of expand/colapse by the number of pages so in your case 2 expand and 2 colapse.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi @slalithprasad 

You'd better keep all the visual in one page to get it.

see more details as below:

https://radacad.com/bookmarks-and-buttons-making-power-bi-charts-even-more-interactive

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User
pranit828
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @slalithprasad 

With the use of bookmark for page one and two, you have to create visuals on the same page and show and hide as applicable.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png

Hope it resolves your issue? 
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!
Linkedin Profile

Yeah, but I am talking about the collapse button there which is beside my page navigation text box, or do you recommend me to remove the collapse button? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.