Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic 12M Moving Average Recalculation depending on Slicer Selection

Hello everyone,

I have one somewhat 12M Prior Dynamic Moving Average calculation that depending on what the user selects on a slicer (2,6,12 which are months which calculation should re-set, so kind of a step) then the measure re-sets itself.
Example:

If an user selects 2, means every 2 months the Measure should re-calculate itself. How this currently behaves is, for selection 2, then January will make the calculation of the previous 12M and February will share the same value... Then March will make the calculation of the previous 12M and share with April... 
If an user selects 6, then January will calculate and share until June and then July re-calculates and shares until December.. So this reset points are basically hard-coded.

So my measure is somewhat dynamic, but what I would like to achieve would for example:
An user is looking from February on-wards and selects Reset Value to every 2 Months.. and So the Calculation begins in February and extends to March and then April calculates and shares with May... so on and so forth..
In my Current measure, February Value is basically January's value.Hopefully I was not too confusing.

Any tips are appreciated! Thanks!

reset.PNG

1 REPLY 1
Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

It would be easier to help if you provide a data sample with your scenario.

Please read this post, this will explain how to get your answered quicker on the forum.
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490 

Best Regards,
Mariusz

Please feel free to connect with me.
Mariusz Repczynski

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.