Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dyanamic slicer not picking up legend

Hiya,

Having managed to get a dynamic slicer to work I'm now facing a different issue.

Whilst the dynamic slicer is picking up the data through the measure, it is no longer splitting this by legend. E.g- I am seeing total data, however the graph is no longer telling me where the numbers are coming from, simply the total. I believe it is to do with the way the relationships are setup but I cannot make it work. I setup a separate geographic table and linked it in, however when it add it to legend it simply returns 'blank'. Thoughts?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi mish_793,

I am not clear about your data structure and your design, I can't reproduce this in my environment. So if possible, could you please inform me in details(such as your sample data  or your current design and your expected output)? Then I will help you more correctly.

Please do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Thanks for your understanding and support.
Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiya figured out why that bit wasn't working. It was to do with the way the data was setup which I have corrected.

Linked to this is the issue with slicers.

I have three separate slicers as follows:

Product Data typePresented as
ARaw dataValues
BDivided by size of locationCurrency

I can get the product slicer to work as follows:

Product selection = SWITCH(TRUE(),
VALUES('Product selection'[Product])="A",'Product A'[Product A Sum],
VALUES('Product selection'[Product])="B",'Product B'[Product B Sum])

However my issue is I need to also link it in with the other two slicers as the visual will need to change depending on what is selected. Can you please advise how to craft an (IF?) statement that would allow me to do this?

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.