Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

#Duration function

Hi,

I am trying to add a column field with the number of minutes to a Date/Time field in PowerBI Destop. According to my research I can use the #duration function the field to a duration and then add to the Date/Time field, however I cannot find the #duration option in PowerBI.

Everytime I try to use #duration in PowerBI desktop, it references the DURATION function which is used for monetary calculations.

Example: 

_First Response Calc = 'RowData'[First Response Target] + #duration('RowData'[First Response Deviation in Minutes])

Each time i try to use this #duration gets changed to DURATION and it tells me I am missing some of the parameters?

What happened to the #duration function?

Thanks,
Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mattww
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

This should do it

mattww_0-1633033233817.png

Add column > Custom column

[First Response Target] + #duration(0,0,[First Response Deviation in Minutes],0)

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
mattww
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hey @Anonymous 

Glad it worked, could you check you marked my reply (or @ThisIsFalse) as the solution, you've marked your own as a solution instead so it's displaying the wrong message in the thread

Good luck with the rest of your report

Matt

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.