cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

#Duration function

Hi,

I am trying to add a column field with the number of minutes to a Date/Time field in PowerBI Destop. According to my research I can use the #duration function the field to a duration and then add to the Date/Time field, however I cannot find the #duration option in PowerBI.

Everytime I try to use #duration in PowerBI desktop, it references the DURATION function which is used for monetary calculations.

Example: 

_First Response Calc = 'RowData'[First Response Target] + #duration('RowData'[First Response Deviation in Minutes])

Each time i try to use this #duration gets changed to DURATION and it tells me I am missing some of the parameters?

What happened to the #duration function?

Thanks,
Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mattww
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

This should do it

mattww_0-1633033233817.png

Add column > Custom column

[First Response Target] + #duration(0,0,[First Response Deviation in Minutes],0)

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
mattww
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hey @Anonymous 

Glad it worked, could you check you marked my reply (or @ThisIsFalse) as the solution, you've marked your own as a solution instead so it's displaying the wrong message in the thread

Good luck with the rest of your report

Matt

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Power BI December 2021 Update_carousel 768x460.jpg

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the December 2021 Updates!

Top Solution Authors