Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LenkaH
Regular Visitor

Duration aggregates

Hello, I am fairly new to PBI so I would like to have your advice on this my issue.

I have the table where in a column are seconds in number format. I will need to work with this in visuals and I will need it to be shown as hh:mm:ss format.
I will also use time slicer so I need it to aggregate properly. I tried to solve this but the closest thing I got to was it showing in h:nn:ss format. This doesn't work for me because I have sums bigger then 24 hours. For example it showed for one user (one row) duration of 13:06:15 instead of 37:06:15.

Hope I described my problem properly. Thank you for any advice 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @LenkaH ,

Would you please refer to my answer in https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Date-Time-Decimal-number-number-of-hours-to-get-result-in-D...

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LenkaH
Regular Visitor

I tried all your suggestions and it works for translating seconds to correct format. However the aggregating doesn't work for me. Perhaps the problem is in the text format of the calculated column?

I have table like this:

UserDayDuration [s]
User 101.09.2020450
User 201.09.20204860
User 102.09.20206800

In the final report I need visuals that will use time slicer for aggregating data per users.

When I tried your suggestions it did not aggregate the data. The table in visual shows separete rows for each day in time slicer. 

Hi @LenkaH ,

Would you please refer to my answer in https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Date-Time-Decimal-number-number-of-hours-to-get-result-in-D...

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @LenkaH ,

How are you trying to convert seconds to hh:mm:ss???

There are few existing threads for this on the community:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Aggregating-Duration-Time/ba-p/22486

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.