Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jellis1971
Helper II
Helper II

Duplicates

Hi:

Using the Table Relationships window, what is the best way to eliminate duplicate records appearing in your visualizations?

Thanks!

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I figured it out.  I simply removed the relationship of one table and joined that table to a different table.  That was "it"!  🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@jellis1971 hmmm, not sure. It will be easier you share some sample data, with the relationship and if any DAX you are using and where you see the duplicated. Hard to figure out otherwise.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@jellis1971 I would recommend removing duplicated in PQ.

Follow us on LinkedIn and YouTube.gif to our YouTube channel

Learn about conditional formatting at Microsoft Reactor

My latest blog post The Power of Using Calculation Groups with Inactive Relationships (Part 1) (perytus.com) I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

They don;t appear in PQ -- only in the report itself.

I figured it out.  I simply removed the relationship of one table and joined that table to a different table.  That was "it"!  🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through May 31st!

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Power BI Release May 2022 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the May 2022 updates!