Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LukaszW73

Duplicates- phantoms in Power BI.

Hi all,

From time to time (randomly) I have following issue when I use "Refresh" action from ribbon.

Power BI Desktop refuses to refresh data, reporting that there is duplicate value in specific column of query results (

operation_id).

Problem is that it's not true. Duplicate is only visible on Powed BI Desktop side in "Edit Queries" window.

My data source is Application Insights query (PageViews to be specific) and there is no duplicated 'operation_id' there.

What's more - when I remove this query and recreate it exactly as it was before - it refreshes data successfully without "any duplicates".

Is there any other way to solve it (instead of recreating query every time - which infects reports...)?

Hope you can help.

Regards

Lukasz W.

2 REPLIES 2
bpriebe
Frequent Visitor

Hello LukaszW73

Did you ever find a solution to this issue? We are running into a similar roadblock and have been unable to find anyone with answers.

Thank you.

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@LukaszW73, looks like the Power BI Desktop creates duplicated records automatically which cause the refresh failed. However, I never get this issue before. After you create connection to Application Insights, do you also do some modifications to that query, or just leave the connection query as default?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.