Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

luke050
Frequent Visitor

Duplicate view for different data sources in one pbix file

Hi

Problem: I have several sqlite3 database files, the file structure is identical on each

I have created a dashboard that visualizes the data from this database (one at a time) I have some custom measures there.

Currently when I want to display a visualization for another source I need to open my dashboard then  Transform data > Data source settings and i can change source db

Bez tytułu.png

the problem is i have to do this every time i change source

For example, I would like to have 5 sources loaded at the same time and copy this dashboard for other sources.

assuming this is my original database:

Bez tytułu1.png

I added the other 4:

222.png

the problem is that now for each view I have to change the values ​​of the fields which currently have 'sessions' to display data from 'sessions (2)', 'sessions (3)' etc. and there is a lot of it.

Creating several pbix files is not a solution since I want to have these data for comparison in one file

3 REPLIES 3
luke050
Frequent Visitor

maybe I wrote it wrong, but the methods given above will still display one source at a time:

my goal is to have same report several times for multiple sources at the same time:

as I wrote, in my case the sources are  sqlite3 databases which specified by ODBC.

pbix2.png

in this screenshot above, both views display the ACC1 source and I would like the other one to display the ACC2 source at the same time

pbix3.png

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@luke050 you should append data from all these sources as one table which you can do in PQ, and add like a column from "Source", and once it is done, now you can slice the data by source using filter or slicer. This is the way to approach it.

Check my latest blog post Compare Budgeted Scenarios vs. Actuals I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.