Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vazperen
Frequent Visitor

Duplicate value not allowed, many to many

Hello, Newby with databases and PowerBI.  I was creating a table with Horse racing results and everything went well until one horse finally showed up again under the results table.  I have two tables, one called Horse Results, and another called Picks.  I checked the relationship properties, based on some other comments, I believe I have it as many-to-many with cross filter direction as "both".  Probably is something is easy to fix..thanks of the input.

Duplicate.PNG

relation.PNG

tables.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@vazperen you will need to create a distinct list of horses, you cannot do many to many directly, there has to be a unique lookup table in the middle, get a distinct list of the horse column and place it between the tables you have remapping the relationship.

do you need a many to many relatioship?   where are you filtering the data from in your visuals, you shouln'dt use the  both option unless you know how it works

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@vazperen you will need to create a distinct list of horses, you cannot do many to many directly, there has to be a unique lookup table in the middle, get a distinct list of the horse column and place it between the tables you have remapping the relationship.

do you need a many to many relatioship?   where are you filtering the data from in your visuals, you shouln'dt use the  both option unless you know how it works

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Yes, that's what I thought...thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.