cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
vazperen Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Duplicate value not allowed, many to many

Hello, Newby with databases and PowerBI.  I was creating a table with Horse racing results and everything went well until one horse finally showed up again under the results table.  I have two tables, one called Horse Results, and another called Picks.  I checked the relationship properties, based on some other comments, I believe I have it as many-to-many with cross filter direction as "both".  Probably is something is easy to fix..thanks of the input.

Duplicate.PNG

relation.PNG

tables.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Duplicate value not allowed, many to many

@vazperen you will need to create a distinct list of horses, you cannot do many to many directly, there has to be a unique lookup table in the middle, get a distinct list of the horse column and place it between the tables you have remapping the relationship.

do you need a many to many relatioship?   where are you filtering the data from in your visuals, you shouln'dt use the  both option unless you know how it works

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.
Proud a to be a Datanaut!
2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

@vazperen you will need to create a distinct list of horses, you cannot do many to many directly, there has to be a unique lookup table in the middle, get a distinct list of the horse column and place it between the tables you have remapping the relationship.

do you need a many to many relatioship?   where are you filtering the data from in your visuals, you shouln'dt use the  both option unless you know how it works

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.
Proud a to be a Datanaut!
vazperen Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Yes, that's what I thought...thanks!