Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jdobkows

Duplicate name of measure

Hi,

I created new measure "Sales Dynamics" in table "X". I want to create new measure "Sales Dynamics" on new table "Y" bu I get message "The name "Sales Dynamics" is already used for a measure on table "X". Choose different name."

Why I cannot create measure with the same name in different table?? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@jdobkows

A .pbix is a complete data model, like SSAS Tabular. All tables are included in this model, they are not separated each other. The measure you created in one table can be refereced in another table so that duplicate measure name is not supported.

Regards,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
garythomann_vac
Advocate III
Advocate III

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/duplicated-names-in-dax/

Explained in detail nicely in this article.

ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

@jdobkows You cannot create a measure with same name (duplicate name error) but on the contrary, you can create a calculated column with the same name in different tables/dataset. Hope this helps !

I need measure because it is percentage calculation. @ashishrj do you know why creation measures with the same name is blocked?

@jdobkows

A .pbix is a complete data model, like SSAS Tabular. All tables are included in this model, they are not separated each other. The measure you created in one table can be refereced in another table so that duplicate measure name is not supported.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.