Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vitaly
Helper III
Helper III

Duplicate login prompts when connecting to Azure Analysis Services

I think this issue started to appear after upgrade to the January build of PBI Desktop. When connecting to our Azure AS server we now always get two prompts:

1) 1st window is titled "Sign in to your account"

2) 2nd window is titled "Windows Azure Authentication"

Is this a known issue/regression? If not I can collect and provide more troubleshooting details, possibly via a support ticket.

LoginPrompt1.pngLoginPrompt2.png

6 REPLIES 6
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vitaly,

It seems like your organization has update the security setting and add new authentication during login. Have you try to contact admin to confirm this if any setting/rule update?

In addition, you mentioned this issue appears on January version, if you test on old version, does this issue appears?

Reference links:
Authentication and authorization in Azure App Service

Manage your settings for two-step verification

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@v-shex-msft,

I am unaware of any security-related changes in our organization. The data source is a standard Azure AS server. 

How can I test on an old version of PBI Desktop? The PBI download site only offers the latest version for download.

The reference links do not apply. We are not using 2FA. We are also not using Azure App Service directly.

Have you tried this scenario with January release and Azure AS data source?

Hi @vitaly,

Which version of power bi desktop you tested which double authorities? If you remember the version or month, I can find this previous version from dev team release list.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@v-shex-msft

I am not 100% sure what you are asking. If you are asking which version manifests the two-logins defect it's the one in the original post, i.e. the January release.

Hi @vitaly,

I want to know which version you used without duplicate sign-in issue.
If you test on that version and faced the issue again, it means 'sign-in' issue more related to azure AS side.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

We've upgraded to January version of PBI Desktop and no longer have access to previous months' versions. So we can only advise of behaviour on the current release. Microsoft does not make previous versions available for download. We cannot as a matter of organizational policy download software from 3rd party sites.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.