Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Grizzlydad
Helper I
Helper I

Duplicate column in rowset error when importing data

Hiya, I have received the below error when trying to refresh/import data into Power Bi. What does this mean and how can I fix it?  I have checked the tables it mentions and there is no duplicate columns titled "MONTH"

We couldn't import data from Sharepoint - Team Sites There was an error when processing the data in the dataset. Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details. Processing error: Duplicate column 'MONTH' in the rowset. An error occurred while processing table 'Tbl_WMdata'. The current operation was cancelled because another operation in the transaction failed. Duplicate column 'MONTH' in the rowset. An error occurred while processing table 'Tbl_Eastdata'. Activity ID: e837d486-777b-43b1-a56e-2e80b69f4e08 Correlation ID: 5eea0b6f-ad01-28a7-ee8e-b5dd4441a5e9 Request ID: 03dc277d-8235-c303-e853-4a91d076789b Status code: 500 Time: Thu Jul 02 2020 14:19:31 GMT+0100 (British Summer Time) Service version: 13.0.13736.165 Client version: 2006.4.01715-train Cluster URI: https://wabi-uk-south-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

6 REPLIES 6
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Grizzlydad , Have you added any additional column at the source. Check that out.

Go to edit data sources in data transformation

clear permission and provide credentials and permission again.

@amitchandak Hiya again, shall I delete the ermission and just refresh the data to import the new column?

Hiya @amitchandak I am still recievin the same error message the new data will not load, this is a screenshot of the Power BI desktop when trying to refreesh the data

Grizzlydad_0-1594022200768.png

Hi @Grizzlydad ,

According to the error, "Column 1" can't be found. What is it? If the column name in original source has been changed, it is suggested to change it in Advanced Editor manully.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @amitchandak yes I have added columns in the original source, when I go to clear permissions it gives a warning saying there is now way of getting that back, so do I accept that?  If so how do I provide permissions and credntials again?

Thanks for your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.