Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DL439204
Regular Visitor

Duplicate a report with new Month data

Hello everyone,

I have some data in excel about the sales of march, I import this data into Powerbi. (Just 1 sheet of excel called: Sales March)

After that I made a nice Report (Dashboard) with some pivotcharts and tables.

Now I import new data from April into Powerbi ( Just 1 sheet of excel Called:  Sales April)

Question/problem is: i would like to duplicate my Report (Dashboard) and then connect all my pivotcharts and tables with just the new data of April. (Sales April)

(i dont use any relations with powerbi, its just to visualis the Data for manager)

Thanks all for your support and time

(excuses me for my bad English, its my second languages)

This picture shows my problem:

For the example I select the second table, I would like to see the sales from April but i duplicate this report from March so it shows the data from march. I can change it by hand to select the right data from the colum of April. I would like to change all the tables to the right data (Sales April) in 1 time. I thought something like select all the tables and then change data but I cant find something like this. 

New dashboard Old data.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
PattemManohar
Community Champion
Community Champion

Just to be clear, Do you want the complete dashboard to point to Sales April or only the few visuals on the dashboard ?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a PBI Community Champion

@PattemManohar

Thanks for your comment!

The complete dashboard.

I just duplicate it and change the name to Sales April.

I've tried your scenario using "Parameters". If you have same structure for all three months sales data tables, add an additional field to have a source field like March for March month and April for April or anything similar unique value for each source.

Then, append those three tables into a new table using "Append Queries as New" in Power Query Editor and name it as All (For example). Use this "All" table for building your dashboard. It will show all three months data in one dashboard, but you need to have one for each.... So add parameters with values March, April, May and filter the ALL table using the parameter value.

Everytime you change the parameter value, the dashboard will change automatically. Similarly, you can have duplicate dashboards as well pointing to different parameters. Here is few screenshots (Just with sample data)....

ParametersParametersSample SourceSample SourceFilter with Parameter valueFilter with Parameter value

@PattemManohar

Thanks for your comment!

Today i will try it, if it works i will let you know!

Thanks

DL439204

Hi @DL439204,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please feel free to ask.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-piga-msft

Im still bussy with it, i will accept it if the solution works.

Im not that good/fast with powerbi, just a student here 😛

Best regards,

DL

I've tried your scenario using "Parameters". If you have same structure for all three months sales data tables, add an additional field to have a source field like March for March month and April for April or anything similar unique value for each source.

Then, append those three tables into a new table using "Append Queries as New" in Power Query Editor and name it as All (For example). Use this "All" table for building your dashboard. It will show all three months data in one dashboard, but you need to have one for each.... So add parameters with values March, April, May and filter the ALL table using the parameter value.

Everytime you change the parameter value, the dashboard will change automatically. Similarly, you can have duplicate dashboards as well pointing to different parameters. Here is few screenshots (Just with sample data)....

ParametersParametersSample SourceSample SourceFilter with Parameter valueFilter with Parameter value

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.