cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robhel Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Duplicate Rows based on Date & Frequency - Power Query

Hello PBI Gurus,

I am after your assistance with a query that can duplicate rows based on date & frequency of occurance to generate a work schedule calendar, where an employee has different schedules, eg work a 9 day fortnight, part time Mon to Thur, Weekends, etc.

Data contained in first excel sheet from a single row to duplicate the row at each date occurance, with the end result a visual calendar of employee availability 

Example.pnghttps://drive.google.com/open?id=162619nHpiwsW6IytsnLhs0mbzNl-hmOHCalendar.png

Appreciate any assistance with this one as with my initial calendar, I entred RDO frequency manually for a small hanful of employees and is not viable for the scale of data I have for 1500 employees and frequency of schedules to change.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
robhel Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Duplicate Rows based on Date & Frequency - Power Query

I managed to figure it out (there maybe a better way of doing it thou).......

I added an Index column against each individual entry and then added a new column:

=List.Dates(Date.AddDays([EventDate],[#"Frequencey"]),[Occurance],Duration.From(#"Frequency"]))

And it worked

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
robhel Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Duplicate Rows based on Date & Frequency - Power Query

I managed to figure it out (there maybe a better way of doing it thou).......

I added an Index column against each individual entry and then added a new column:

=List.Dates(Date.AddDays([EventDate],[#"Frequencey"]),[Occurance],Duration.From(#"Frequency"]))

And it worked

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Kudos Received Badges Coming

New Kudos Received Badges Coming

Kudos to you if you earned one of these! Check your inbox for a notification.

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Learn about the award-winning innovation that was implemented across Microsoft’s Business Applications Communities.

Power Platform World Tour

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (1,978)