Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RV
Regular Visitor

Duplicate Error

Hello all,

Since yesterday, I am having an error concerning a duplicate value. However, when I look it up in the source file, there is no duplicate whatsoever. If I delete the row that PowerBI identifies as duplicate, everything works correctly. This is the error I get:

Duplicate error.PNG

Has anyone come across this issue?

Thank you,

8 REPLIES 8
Ufuk
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I'm also having the same issue. I'm merging data from several sources into a single table and sometimes I'm receiving the same duplicate error. Most of the times the refresh completes without any problem. I'm sure there are no duplicates in the merged data sources.

Were you able to fix this issue?

Thanks.

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

Have you tried reversing the relationship? I had my reverse on me once and received this error. I checked for duplicates and blanks but found neither. I checked the relationship flow and it had reversed quicker than the magnetic poles in a bad science fiction flick.

In the case of a merged set, you may need to change how you join and which rows you keep. keeping all creates duplicates.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

RV
Regular Visitor

This is how I have the relationship -automatically created after the merging. I am not sure I understand what you mean exactly.

Relationship.PNG

dpfavand
Frequent Visitor

RV,

Did you ever manage to fix this issue? I'm having a similar issue, but it seems to occur randomly. Sometimes I refresh and it throws the error, sometimes it doesn't.

Hi @RV,

Since you have checked there's no duplicated rows in 'Status' table, please check if there's "Case Sensitive" issue which makes POWER BI DESKTOP evaluate rows as duplicates. Please refer to a related thread below:

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Creating-Case-Sensitive-Table-Relationships/td-p/18210

Regards,

@RV I could be wrong here, but I think you need to make sure you don't have any "blanks" in your data. Have you confirmed this?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thank you for answering quickly. I selected the column in Excel and removed duplicates (no duplicates here). Checked the list and no blanks either.

RV
Regular Visitor

Ok, so the issue is not from the source data but from the Merge. Before merging the queries it seems like it's fine. Once I add the new columns after merging, I get the duplicate. This happened yesterday and today - it used to never happen before.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.