Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dual x-axis line + bar chart for 2 different data tables (X-axis = date)

I have 2 datasets. One containing daily data and one containing weekly data. I want to be able to plot both on the same chart to visualize how they respond too each other. Somethings in the like of this

I have tried doing this using the line + bar chart, but this allows me to only display one of both correctly. The other data is just the same over all the time (it's the sum of the whole column).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous you can have that as an Inactive relationship and then use USERRELATIONSHIP function in the measure to make inactive relationship to active.

I would 💖 Kudos 🙂 if my solution helped. If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good afternoon, I need to graph 2 dates one creation and one resolution and when generating the graph n you can not display the 2 dates, does not show the correct data for one of the bars, please could help that I lack

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create this relationship but it still shows only a range of data

I need to show which ones were created and were resolved in the weeks of the month

20200713_154414.jpg

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous you should add calendar dimension in your model and set relationship this dimension with your table, 

Use value on x-axis from your calendar table and the corresponding columns from each table, then all will work.

There are many posts on how to add calendar dimension to the model.

I would 💖Kudos 🙂 if my solution helped. If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I try to link my dates to this new dimension table I get the following "error"

You can't create a direct active relationship between table and dimension table because that would introduce ambiguity.

@Anonymous not sure why, share relationship diagram

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous this is wht you need.

image.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

This solves the problem! But what if I need/want to keep that other relationship aswell? Because it is used for other visuals..

@Anonymous you can have that as an Inactive relationship and then use USERRELATIONSHIP function in the measure to make inactive relationship to active.

I would 💖 Kudos 🙂 if my solution helped. If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors