Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

toum
Helper I
Helper I

Dual mode

Hello,

I get data with  live connection in power bi and I was trying to get another data but everything is deactivated I've seen some video and they could've done that so I dont know what's the problem,

help.PNG

I just want to get another data from another source as import mode but I just can not do this, could someone tell me please what is wrong.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
SpartaBI
Community Champion
Community Champion

@toum you are connected live to a Power BI dataset? (live, not direct query)?

Yes sorry it's live not direct!

SpartaBI
Community Champion
Community Champion

@toum so just replace it to direct 🙂 make sure you have the latest version and maybe you need to check the preview feature is on.
Check out this doc first:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-directquery-datasets-azure-analysis-s...

2022-05-19 17_30_22-Re_ Need help on DAX function with measure vs colu... - Microsoft Power BI Commu.png

Full-Logo11.png

SpartaBI_3-1652115470761.png   SpartaBI_1-1652115142093.png   SpartaBI_2-1652115154505.png

Showcase Report – Contoso By SpartaBI

Please could you tell me why I can not see   Power BI datasets and Analysis Services!

toum_0-1656515276016.png

I have the last version of PowerBI.

SpartaBI
Community Champion
Community Champion

@toum it's not there, look in the preview features to make sure it'a turned on. Also it's best to read the article and watch some videos about it if it's your first time with this feature

Hello, please I have a question about why I cannot see in DirectQuery option "Allow unrestricted measures in DirectQuery" I can only see "Treat SAP Hana as .." likee her!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.