Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dual axis chart - lines only?

Hello - I frequently come across scenarios where I want to show line graphs but they have different magnitudes. I know how to make a dual axis chart with a line + column combo, but I can't find the option to make a line-only version work. (Excel can easily do this however.)

An example I'm dealing with is where I'd have an absolute measure (such as $ amount of annual GDP) on the left y axis and the YoY % measure on the right y axis.

Again, this has to be lines for both. Thanks in advance for the help!

-Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SteveCampbell
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

You can use the charticulator,

https://charts.powerbi.tips

Here's a tutorial on how to make what you want. There's also included a github link with the finished visual if you want.Annotation 2019-10-23 151620.png

Thanks!

Appreciate your Kudos
Connect with me!

Stay up to date on  linkedin-logo.png
Read my blogs on  powerbi.tips_.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Proud to be a Super User!

Connect with me!
Stay up to date on  
Read my blogs on  

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SteveCampbell
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

You can use the charticulator,

https://charts.powerbi.tips

Here's a tutorial on how to make what you want. There's also included a github link with the finished visual if you want.Annotation 2019-10-23 151620.png

Thanks!

Appreciate your Kudos
Connect with me!

Stay up to date on  linkedin-logo.png
Read my blogs on  powerbi.tips_.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Proud to be a Super User!

Connect with me!
Stay up to date on  
Read my blogs on  

Hi @SteveCampbell , 

This charticulator is only for csv files, but if somebody is making dashboards using oracle database live data, then it is not possible to use charticulator.

Am i right ?

Is there any provision for the same ?

Thanks !

The tool can use any data source. You will use csv field to design it if you make it in the site.
It will export a custom visual that you can use in power bi with any data, just like any other visual.

There’s a custom visual available to download already built on that link, so you can try it without having to make one yourself.

Connect with me!
Stay up to date on  
Read my blogs on  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Did you try Multiple axis chart in Power BI?
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Show me where that is please? Not sure what you are referring to

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable

Search Marketplace Visuals for Multiple Axis Chart - XViz and give it a try. You can search and add marketplace visuals from Power BI desktop.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Thank you for the recommendation, but that is a third party plug-in that leaves a lot to be desired. (Not to mention that it tries to nudge you into paying for it.) Is there not a standard microsoft-built option for this? It seems like a rather big issue that PBI cannot easily replicate excel features.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.