cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BeemerBum Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Re: Dual Y axis in Line chart

I also throw my dis-affection regarding the lack of visual support for complex (or not so complex) data.  PowerBI needs to at the LEAST parallel Excel for graphs and visuals.  The expecation would be that PowerBI would exceed the Excel capabilties "out of the box"

Highlighted
MicWit Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I can't agree more. Power BI is meant for finding trends in data etc, how are you meant to find a trend if you can't compare 2 different types of data??

I spoke to Power BI and they said I could go to one of their partners and pay them to make a custom visualisation for me. If I am paying this much for Power BI, shouldn't I expect it would do something simple as this (look at how google charts does it, its simple as and you can add more than 2).

The way to implement this (especially more than 2) would be to have the name and values in the y axis for which ever line you hover over.

GenoRockMdt Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Not sure when it was added but the Line and Clustered Column Chart visual has the ability to define 2 Y axes. 

Seems to work as expected when I show all my data unfiltered.

When I apply certain filter values, the left Y axis disappears... Apparently, there are some values that don't compute somehow for the axis.  I did some troubleshooting and determined that the left y axis in my case is for the lines and 2 of the line series values rely on DAX Percentile function. I tried to capture any error condition on the dax formula so it now looks like:

P90Value = IFERROR(PERCENTILE.INC(tx_vEvents[eKpiNotifyAge],.9) , 0 )

But the Y axis still disappears under certain (but not all) filters.

Please advise Microsoft - thanks!
SteveCampbell Established Member
Established Member

I know this is old but anyone still looking, but this blog explains how to create dual y-axis chart, and has a link to the finished visual:

https://powerbi.tips/2019/09/dual-y-axis-line-chart/

Annotation 2019-10-23 151620.png

Appreciate your Kudos
Connect with me!

Stay up to date on  linkedin-logo.png
Read my blogs on  powerbi.tips_.png

nagoor Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Really helpful.. 

Thanks to your efforts. 

rdawoud Visitor
Visitor

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 348 members 3,480 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: